American Coatings Association
American Coatings Association member Companies have IMPLEMENTED a Coatings Care® program to Protect Worker and Community Health & Safety, as well as the Environment
The Coatings Care Program Strives To:
- Promote EFFORTS to Protect Employees, Customers, the Public and the Environment
- Provide RELEVANT Information on the Safe Use & Disposal of Industry Products to Customers, also making such information Available to the Public on Request
- Make PROTECTION of Health, Safety and the Environment an EARLY & INTEGRAL part of the Organizational Planning Process
- COMPLY with All Legal Requirements which Affect Operations and Products
- Be RESPONSIVE to Community Concerns
- ASSIST Government in the Development of Equitable and Attainable Standards
PaintCare was created by the American Coatings Association, a membership-based Trade Association of the Paint Manufacturing Industry.
Working with State and Local Government stakeholders, ACA passed the FIRST Paint Stewardship Law in the United States in Oregon in 2009 which has since been adopted by several other states as well. This Legislation Resulted in an Industry-led program to manage post-Consumer (leftover) paint.
Rodda Paint is a Collection site in several communities.
Master Painters Institute
MPI is a specification system that independently tests and categorizes paint products for easy and comparative identification by Architects, Painters and Designers into painting systems.