Paint a Concrete Floor
Jim wants to paint the floor in his manufacturing work shop. There is impact from dropped tools, but no forklift or heavy equipment use.
A moisture test is MANDATORY. Perform a moisture test (ASTM3359)
- Use 4 mil visqueen (2 feet x 2 feet)
- Duct tape all four sides to floor.
- Wait 24 hours and look for condensation under the plastic.
- If wet, do not paint because of hydrostatic pressure.
- Complete a moisture test (above).
- Remove dirt and grease by scrubbing with hot water and a strong degreaser or detergent. Rinse thoroughly. The wet surface, when clean, should be one continuous sheet of water with no beading in any areas.