- For bright and dramatic colors use Color Base satin, available in primary colors.
- Select your desired sheen from chart of finish coat products:
|Gloss: ||552001 Unique II Gloss |
|Semi Gloss: ||542001 Unique II Semi Gloss |
|Low Gloss: ||542001 Unique II Low Gloss |
|Eggshell: ||533001 Lasyn Eggshell |
|Satin: ||523101 Master Painter Satin |
|Flat: ||513001 Lasyn Flat |
Caution! Things to consider
- Do not paint the interior of the fireplace. Direct falmes can reach 1200° and most paints cannot withstand these temperatures.
- If, due to an uneven textured surface, all of the smoke and soot deposits cannot be removed, prime affected areas with Z-Prime, available at Rodda Paint stores.
- Soot will tend to build up quicker on white / off white colors as well as flat finishes.
For more information about this or other painting tips & techniques, our paint & coatings products, or general DIY paint and coatings questions, please contact us online or by calling 1-800-452-2315.