Paint Marble Crete
Martha owns a fourplex in an old part of town. The siding is 4x8 sheets of pebbles. It seems the backing is concrete. Can she paint marble crete?
- Carefully pressure wash to remove airborne contaminants and weak subscrate.
- Use mildew retardant solution if necessary. Rinse and let dry thoroughly.
- Patch holes with caulk and stones, sized to match, pressed to the caulk.
- For signs of moisture intrusion or water damage, spot prime with Z-Prime.
If pebbles fall off easily, use Surfbond II Masonry Primer.
Best: 501801x Surfbond II Masonry Primer
Good: 501601x First Coat Primer
Best: 512301x pHlex-tite Elastomeric
Better: 510101x AC-909 Exterior Satin
Good: 52110xx AC-911 Exterior Flat
Caution! Things to consider
- After pressure washing, rust stains may be visible. Use a spray can of Z-Prime to hide the blemish.
- Back rolling the final coat will improve the appearance and ensure all portions of the substrate are coated.