Anna owns a ten year old house and does not like the exterior color. It will be the first exterior repaint. The house has HardiePlank® or Hardiboard siding.
This scenario also applies to cedar lap siding.
HardiePlank® Lap Siding is a registered trademark of James Hardie International
- Pressure wash to remove mold, mildew, airborne contaminants and any loose paint. Let dry thoroughly.
- Feather seand any rough edges.
- Spot prime any bare wood areas with Rodda Paint's First Coat Primer/Sealer
- Countersink nails as needed, prior to caulking.
- Caulk around windows, door jambs, and any exposed face nail patterns.
- If unpainted gutters and downspouts need painting, clean using a scotch brite pad, then prime with First Coat primer.