Schedule: Full Time
Pay Rate: 18.69
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Store Manager
Opened: March 1, 2023
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Sales Associate/Driver is responsible for participating as a team member of the store unit providing exceptional performance in the areas of customer service, product sales and operating processes. Support Store Management in day-to-day operations of the store. For delivery driver portion of position; safely and lawfully operate the Rodda Paint vehicle so travel time and distance during delivery is optimal
Customer Service, Operations, and Logistics:
- Display a commitment to the company, customer, and fellow employees to “do the right thing” while making decisions and problem solving on the job. Maintain composure, through optimistic, professional and approachable manners
- Demonstrate kind and respectful treatment of others which embodies the Code of Conduct and Workplace Fairness programs
- Possess and demonstrate a collaborative, positive attitude with customers and fellow Rodda employees
- Answering basic customer inquiries in person and by phone
- Determine and recommend products to customers ensuring they are supplied with all items required for their project
- Order processing, accurate tinting and shaking of paint, recording information in customer color history files
- Operating basic functions in the POS system, i.e. processing of sales, product inquiries, pricing, etc.
- Security and protection of company and corporate inventory and assets
- Inventory control; aisle /slotting, cycle counts
- Shipping and receiving duties; putting away, rotating and stock, etc.
- Safely operate equipment, forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, loading and unloading of vehicles
- Participate in keeping the store organized, clean, tidy, and inviting
- Follow and enforce all workplace safety rules, procedures, and COVID-19 store protocols. Report any safety concerns or workplace hazards or incidents/events
- Proper use and maintenance required / supplied PPE (personal protection equipment)
- AOR’s – Areas of Responsibilities: All other store operational duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Timely and predictable attendance is a requirement of all positions at Rodda Paint
- Scheduling & reporting must remain flexible & available given the needs of the business & our customers
- Through presence and on-the-job training, actively develop a working knowledge of core product lines, tinting of paint based on formulated colors, using the color matching systems and auto tinter
- Training: Complete all required job training including, but not limited to: Sales Associate Training, HMIS / DOT Transportation & Handling of Dangerous Goods, Safe Driving, SERVICE 6, forklift cert. (if required), Workplace Fairness / Code of Conduct, Workplace Safety / Accident Prevention Program, COVID-19 Store Protocols
- Driving: With rare exception, the ability to legally drive on business is an essential function of all store positions. Must present & sustain a Department of Motor Vehicles Record (DMVR), which is consistent with company safe-driving guidelines. In the context of this description ‘legal’ means: Personal liability insurance at the state minimum; possession of an active, unrestricted driver’s license issued by the state of residence; no more than three (3) convictions for ‘moving’ violations in the trailing 36-months; no ‘criminal traffic’ convictions (negligence, DUII/DWI, racing, vehicular homicide/assault, etc.) in the trailing 60-months.
- Basic oral communication: Fully conversant (speaking, listening), fluent in English.
- Reading and writing skills: Basic skill in reading and writing documents in standard English text
- Mathematical skills: Skill in adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Understanding of measures and weights. Money computation, making accurate change
- Computer / POS: Basic skills required. Familiar with internet navigation, emails, online training, Windows/Office, POS, etc.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
Physical Requirements: The work environment consists of physical conditions typical of a retail store, sales floor environment. The job is performed while standing with regular walking and the lifting and carrying of various paint containers and related items. Full-physical mobility is required to the performance of every store position.