Janelle manages an office building. The water feature coating needs to be updated.
A moisture test is MANDATORY. Perform a moisture test (ASTM3359)
- Use 4 mil visqueen (2 feet x 2 feet)
- Duct tape all four sides to pool.
- Wait 24 hours and look for condensation under the plastic.
- If wet, do not paint because of hydrostatic pressure.
- Drain the pool
- Send a paint chip of the existing film to Ramuc for compatibility testing or perform in-house compatibility test (below).
- Clean with recommended cleaner. Rinse and let dry thoroughly.
- Use Ramuc Durathane caulk for cracks
- Use concrete patch to repair holes larger than 1/4 inch.
Primer Coat / Top Coat
Apply two coats of 815311K2 Ramuc Hi Build Epoxy or 815301 Ramuc Type A Enamel
Caution! Things to consider
- Dark colors are for accent strips only.
- Always complete a moisture test before application.
- Let cure for 10 days before refilling water feature.
In-House Compatibility Test
- Use rag doused in Xylene. Rub 20 times across existing coating.
- If there is no "rub off" or wrinkling, then existing coating is a catalyzed system.
- If film does "rub off" or react, then existing coating is water based or rubber based and further investigation is required. Contact a Rodda Paint sales representative for details.