Paint Metal Gutters and Downspouts
You need to re-paint your metal gutters and downspouts. How should I proceed?
- Remove dirt, loose paint, and other contaminants by pressure washing or wire brushing.
- Clean with mildew retardant solution, if necessary.
- Use a medium grit sanding block to create a slight profile.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove any sanding residue and let dry.
Select the proper primer by the type of gutters and downspouts that you have:
Caution! Things to consider
- Check for and clean clogged downspouts.
- Check for pin hole leaks. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Check brackets and reinstall, if necessary.