What is Dryfall Paint
Sam, the commerical painter, wants to paint a grocery store ceiling white without masking the floors. This can be done using Rodda dry fall paint.
- Pressure wash, if possible or use high pressure air blast.
- Broom clean if only choice
- Solvent wipe any exposed galvanized with Xylol.
- Wood may need a primer coat and Ferrous metal may need to be spot primed prior to application. Please test.
- Pre-finished metal should be clean and deglossed.
Rodda Paint dry fall products are self priming. Please see the preparation notes above.
Caution! Things to consider
- Verify the multiple types of substrates to be coated and pre-prime, if necessary.
- Flash rusting is a common problem when water based dry fall comes in contact with unprimed metal. Spot prime and touch up.
- Do not use alkyd dry fall paint on galvanized substrates. Over time saponification will occur, causing delamination of the coating.
- Insulation, as a substrate, requires a spot test to ensure adhesion.
- Products are designed to dry before 15 feet at 77°F at 50% relative humidity. Changes in temperature and humidity will effect dry fall distances.
- Special Order dry fall sheens and colors are available.